ID: ES- 25774
Location: Lower Mainland
- The primary responsibility of the Community Shuttle Operator is to ensure a safe and pleasant riding experience for all customers.
- Customer service is a large part of the Community Shuttle Operator’s daily activities. Community Shuttle Operators monitor their
customers and other motorists, while exercising a great deal of tact and diplomacy when dealing with all customers.
- CMBC Community Shuttle Operators are responsible for the safe operation of CMBC Transit Vehicles under all weather and traffic conditions. CMBC Transit Vehicles follow a set schedule and Community Shuttle Operators strive to follow schedule guidelines, sometimes under challenging circumstances.
- Transit Operators work alone without direct supervision, which requires a great deal of individual autonomy and responsibility.
- However, CMBC Employees work as a team to support each other. Community Shuttle Operators maintain radio communications with dispatch and buses are equipped with Automatic Vehicle Location Systems.
- As a Community Shuttle Operator, you will be expected to drive a variety of vehicles with routes that take you all over the city.
- Operators will be working directly with the public and dealing with the daily challenges of the job in an independent work
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a Landed Immigrant.
- Must hold a minimum of a valid class 5 BC Driver’s Licence or Canadian equivalent
- Must be able to obtain a minimum of a class four (4) unrestricted BC Commercial Learner’s Driver’s Licence (BCDL). The Learner’s Licence must be valid for at least six (6) months past the date of application.
- No more than one (1) violation in the past three (3) years. Maximum points on the one (1) violation can be no more than three (3) points. No roadside suspensions or driving prohibitions in the past five (5) years.
- No more than one (1) at fault accident in the past three (3) years.
- Sufficient command of the English language (understanding, reading, writing, speaking) for communicating effectively with transit users.
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills; experience in providing customer service; responding to and meeting the needs of the public.
- Ability to provide a total of three (3) employer references. One (1) reference must be from the current employer. These references must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to work any type of shift at any CMBC depot.
- All applicants are subject to a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Search
*** To Apply: For ISSofBC clients, please contact your Employment Counselor or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject title.