Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre - Surrey
Spark and Ignite Entrepreneurial Programs – Surrey location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week
Position to commence ASAP
ISSofBC offers two (2) entrepreneurship programs. Spark supports qualified refugees and immigrants with a desire to start their own business, to explore ways to develop their business ideas. The Ignite program supports individuals while they navigate the local business environment to design, develop and launch their own business start-up.
Assists with the day-to-day operations of the programs by supervising and/or co-ordinating the activities of the entrepreneurial programs Case Managers/Facilitators. Assists the Manager with recruitment of staff and program participants, curriculum development/enhancement, training implementation, project evaluations, and reporting/administrative functions. Assists with the preparation of program proposals, the annual budgeting and budget monitoring process and provides input into enhancements to the program.
Reports to the Manager – Entrepreneurial Programs.
- Supervises program staff by performing such activities as overseeing training and providing day-to-day operational guidance, monitoring and supervision. Provides input into and conducts performance evaluations for these staff. Oversees volunteers assigned to the program.
- Co-ordinates the scheduling and deployment of staff for group sessions at ISSofBC and other sites. Monitors the progress of participants and consults with the Manager regarding any unresolved issues/problems.
- Assists in crisis management and follow-up for high needs clients including co-ordinating interventions with appropriate agencies. Provides individual and group para- counselling related to entrepreneurial employment as required.
- Ensures that entrepreneurship services and interventions provided are consistent with program objectives and funder’s prescribed process.
- Assists in development activities related to training curriculum, lesson plans and handouts for the program.
- Reviews program client files to ensure files are completed and closed as per established procedures. reporting system to ensure accuracy of data transferred. Submits narrative and financial reports to the Manager for inclusion in program reports. Identifies service gaps and makes recommendations to address these issues.
- In collaboration with the Manager, assists in program marketing, development of service enhancements and community partnerships. May assist in the preparation of funding proposals, annual budget preparation and budget monitoring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
University degree or post-secondary training in social services, commerce, business or other related field supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience in entrepreneurship/business counselling and/or adult training OR a combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven supervisory experience including hiring, training, and staff evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Strong cross-cultural awareness skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local entrepreneurial business environment, including issues and trends.
- Experienced in promoting and marketing new programs.
- Understanding of what it takes to start a business and small business in BC.
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees.
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office applications, software and databases.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2018-Spark&Ignite-02B” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, December 17, 2018
Salary Range: $25.51 – $27.07 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
ISSofBC offers to eligible staff an outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.