Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: ISSofBC Surrey
At ISSofBC we believe in:
- Passion Helping immigrants start and build a future in Canada
- Diversity Acceptance of individuals’ unique needs and aspirations
- Teamwork When you succeed, we succeed
The IGNITE program supports immigrants and refugees to navigate local entrepreneurship and design, develop and launch their own business start-up.
In IGNITE we believe that our clients deserve a proactive partner who helps them succeed. We bring empathy, are forward-thinking, and we’re constantly iterating our tools and processes to deliver a proactive client experience in a fast-changing environment.
As an Assistant Manager for IGNITE, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the program by supervising and/or co-ordinating the activities of the Service Assistants and Business Advisors. You will support with recruitment of staff and program participants, curriculum development/enhancement, training implementation, project evaluations, and reporting/administrative functions.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Leadership and People Management
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and clients
- Manage the operations of the department with the support of the Program Manager
- Fulfillment by maintaining sound knowledge of all Program functions, tasks, policies, procedures, and systems
- Assist in crisis management and follow-up for high needs clients including co-ordinating interventions with appropriate agencies. Provide individual and group para- counselling related to entrepreneurial employment as required
- Ensure that entrepreneurship services and interventions provided are consistent with program objectives and funder’s prescribed process
- Review client files to ensure files are completed and closed as per established procedures, reporting system to ensure accuracy of data transferred
- Identified service gaps and make recommendations to address these issues
- Assist in the development of seminars/webinars/on demand education on a variety of business topics including, but not limited to Business Planning for the program
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, assist in program marketing, development of service enhancements and community partnerships
- Provide backup and client overflow support for the Ignite team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks and staff vacations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Baccalaureate in Social Services, Business Administration, Public Policy, Education
- OR related field supplemented by a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ recent related employment services work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a mid-size organization
- Additional training in Conflict Resolution, Staff Training and/or Coaching is preferred
- Awareness of technical skills in operational excellence
- Understanding of what it takes to start a business and small business in BC.
What Makes You a Change Maker
- A natural connector with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A passion for client success, workforce relevance and the local entrepreneurial business environment, including issues and trends.
- A bright leader with an inclusive approach to hiring, training, and staff evaluation
- Creativity & innovation in marketing the program
- New and exciting ways to help clients in problem-solving and finding pathways to business success
- Bold curiosity and a willingness to learn new technology with previous experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Can-do attitude with resilience and perseverance
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Competitive salary ($25.31 – $33.08 per hour) – starting rate subject to qualifications, relevant experience, and internal equity
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 105 hours of vacation and 35 hours of personal leave
- Employer matched RRSP with contributions up to 5%
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Collaborative peers with a wide range of backgrounds and talents
- Inclusive culture
- Innovative workplace with opportunity for new approaches
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply now!
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Regular full-time at 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 4 pm, November 11, 2021, or until position is filled
Email applications must include: “2021-Ignite-04” and can be sent to: email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.