March 7, 2019
3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Skills and Supports for Job Success – Coquitlam Location
If you or someone you know is struggling to find work, Skills and Supports for Job Success is a program developed to help with finding immediate employment. You may be a newcomer to Canada or from another province, be dealing with a long unemployment gap or just wanting to get back to work – but don’t know where to begin.
Next workshops start on April 8, 2019, for the Coquitlam Location. Join us for an info session every Thursday to learn more about the program! Info sessions take place at the Coquitlam office in the classroom at 3:00 pm.
This free Employment Program offers :
- 5 weeks for hands-on workshops to find immediate employment
- Help with resumes, cover letters, interviews and more
- Free short-term certificates and training ( e.g. First Aid, Food Safe, ForkLift, Serving it Right, SuperHost, WHMIS etc.)
- Work experience with potential wage subsidy or connections with employers
- Bus tickets and work gear supports
- One-on-one coaching and post-employment follow-up support
The Job Success program is open to those who are :
- Unemployed or precariously employed ( working in unstable or unsustainable employment, including self-employment)
- 18 years of age or older
- Naturalized Canadian Citizen, Permanent Residents, or Protected Persons legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not a full-time Student
- Able to commit to full-time training workshop and motivated to find immediate employment
Applicants will be assessed for eligibility and suitability
For questions or to register please contact:
Martha Contreras at 604-684-6199 ext. 1580 or email@example.com
- This event has passed.