Refugees and immigrants now have help from a regional services hub in Vancouver —a one-stop housing and support centre.
ISSofBC, Henriquez Partners Architects and Terra Housing worked together to develop the first of its kind in the world, 58,000 square foot facility that addresses the immediate needs of refugees, with or without legal status, and immigrants in Metro Vancouver.
The ISSofBC Welcome Centre is a regional service hub bringing together a unique combination of transitional housing and targeted services under one roof to streamline access to care.
The Gold LEED facility includes:
- 18 units (up to 138 beds) housing units
- Primary health care clinic
- Multilingual trauma support and treatment centre
- Newcomer youth drop-in and resource space
- Child minding spaces, including outdoor playground and family area
- Eight classrooms for English language learners
- Multilingual settlement support staff including settlement, employment and volunteer services
- Multiple meeting spaces
- ISSofBC corporate service offices
Would you like to learn more? Give us a call or send an email to:
LocationThe new facility is located at 2610 Victoria Drive, close to the Commercial-Broadway SkyTrain station with access to the Millenium Line, the Expo Line, and several major bus routes.
Help build a better tomorrow for refugees and immigrants by supporting our project today.