Connect with ISSofBC as a Volunteer
Whether you’re new to Canada yourself, a long-term resident, or a Canadian citizen, you can contribute to a more inclusive community by participating in ISSofBC’s Volunteer Connections program.
Our volunteer program has over 1000 active volunteers who speak over 75 different languages, and who contribute their talents, skills and experience to various ISSofBC programs and services.
Volunteer positions include:
- Agency Receptionist
- Administrative Assistant
- Field Trip Leader
- Community Outreach/Special Events
- ESL Teacher’s Assistant/Tutor
- Settlement Services Assistant
- Volunteer Program Coordinator Assistant
- Mentor (Settlement and Language Support)
As a volunteer, you’ll:
- Practice and use your skills and knowledge in a variety of areas;
- Gain new experience;
- Obtain a reference;
- Build your networks and connections within the community;
- Make new friends and learn about other cultures, countries and languages; and,
- Participate in free workshops.
Canadian citizens and immigrants are eligible to become ISSofBC volunteers. You must be willing to commit to a minimum of three months.
Due to the nature of working with vulnerable populations, ISSofBC staff will request permission to obtain a criminal record check. In addition, all applicants must attend an orientation session and additional training as needed.
We ask for applicant’s patience as these strict selection criteria and processes can take time to complete.