Immigrant Women’s Peer Support Program
Are you seeking a safe and confidential place to share your experiences and learn new skills? Join our support group and training program with women like you.
Immigrant Women’s Peer Support Program (IWPSP) assists immigrant and refugee women who are in the process of adapting to a new life in Canada.
The program provides a safe and supportive space to help newcomer women:
- break feelings of isolation
- develop support networks
- learn new skills
- gather information and resources
- develop or enhance leadership skills
Training: A 100+ hour training program is delivered over a period of 14 weeks taught by leading experts from various fields. Participants develop and build upon skills to become community leaders and role-models.
Would you like to learn more? Please call one of our program coordinators.
- Vancouver & Richmond
604- 684-7498 Ext. 1267
604-395-8000 Ext. 1706
- Tri-Cities (Coquitlam)
Who Can Join?
- Immigrant and Refugee Women ages 24 and up with minimum CLB 5
- Candidates must have an immigrant and/or refugee background and a strong desire to give back to their communities by assisting other immigrant and refugee women with the adjustment process
- Successful candidates must make a strong commitment to training and the facilitation of peer support groups
Peer Support Groups :
- Immigrant and refugee women 19 years of age and up
- Non- English speakers welcome