Close to 200 ISSofBC clients looking to further their education met with an array of representatives from public and private institutions late October during the first ever ISSofBC Education Fair.
The goal of the event, held October 26 at ISSofBC Welcome Centre, was to provide a space where ISSofBC clients could become more familiar with a variety of educational institutions, training options, requirements and financial funding available.
“Many clients were surprised to find a variety of careers for all levels of education. Some also found it fascinating that adults can go back to school. They were also encouraged to find that there is a lot of opportunity to study with many school options,” said ISSofBC Settlement Program Manger Liza Bautista.
In addition she said the educational institutions (list below) invited were very happy to showcase their programs and meet many skilled and interested clients and learn more about ISSofBC.
Many thanks to the Career Facilitator and Vancouver Settlement for their work in making this event happen. A special thanks to the Employer Solutions, MAPLE, Skills Connect and LCC teams but most importantly to the LINC department for encouraging the participation of their students.
List of Participating Schools / Associations:
- Vancouver Community College
- Douglas College
- Vancouver School Board – Continuing Education
- UA Piping Industry College of BC
- BC Alliance for Manufacturing
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- OMNI College
- Vancouver Career College
- CG Masters School of 3D Animation & VFX
- ISS Language and Career College of BC
- Drake Medox College – Scholarship raffle for any of the 3 Diploma programs valued up to $7,500