ISSofBC’s board of directors is a body of elected members who jointly oversee the activities of the organization.
The board’s underlying purpose is to carry out the ISSofBC Mission Statement: Helping immigrants build a future in Canada.
The board’s responsibilities include:
- Governance of the Society
- Strategic Vision and Development
- Fiduciary Oversight
Annual General Meeting
ISSofBC holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) within six months of the end of the fiscal year. The AGM is an opportunity to:
- present ISSofBC’s Annual Report;
- conduct the business of membership
- celebrate the contributions and successes of ISSofBC over the previous year, and;
- introduce ISSofBC bursaries to recipients and present their awards.
At the Annual General Meeting on September 21, 2017, the following persons were elected to ISSofBC’s Board of Directors (2017-2018).
|Jack Wong||1st Vice-President|
|Joann McKinlay||2nd Vice-President|
|V. Setty Pendakur||Director|
Read the biographies of all of our board members.